[K12OSN] boot menu for LTSP?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 00:16:00 UTC 2006

Is there any way to configure LTSP to show the thin
client a grub-like menu of boot choices?

I recently discovered that both Fedora and Ubuntu have
special pxeboot images that you can use to boot off a
server and perform a network install of the operating
system.  I'd like for my server to provide me with a
choice of 1) booting LTSP, 2) net-installing Fedora,
or 3) net-installing Ubuntu.

Is it possible?  I know I could hand-configure
dhcpd.conf to provide the network install kernels each
time I want to use them, but it would be really nice
to simply choose them from a boot menu.

-Rob