[K12OSN] Error! dhcpcd failed!

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Nov 8 19:04:31 UTC 2006

Shane Sammons wrote:
> Also, just a side question, does anyone host forums for this project, cause
> I really can't stand mailing lists, they are antiquated and disorganized
> and
> as far as I can see unsearchable. If not, I might start a topic about offer
> to host one so we can sort and categorize topics, sticky things, and make
> common answers and guides.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

Both www.k12ltsp.org and www.ltsp.org already have wikis to which anyone can post
answers, guides, etc., and everyone is encouraged to add to it.  Searching the mailing
list is simple via google; there's even a mention of how to do it on the K12LTSP wiki
(http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/How%20to%20search%20the%20mailing%20list%20archives)

The problem with forums is you have to actively go to them to interact with the project;
mailing lists allow the project to be sent to you passively, so to speak.  The question
has come up before, but so far most people have opted to stay with the mailing list.
Nevertheless, you are welcome to setup such a forum, but I'm not sure you'll attract the
critical mass of people (I'd love to be proven wrong).

Petre