[K12OSN] K12LTSP vs. Ubuntu

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Mon Nov 20 18:39:05 UTC 2006

I installed Edubuntu in my lab and it was very flaky...programs crashed,
Gnome died, the system would stall during startup, etc. Not sure what
was going on, but one of my students tried to trace it down and couldn't
because he could never get a list of running processes at the time of
the melt-down.

In contrast, Ubuntu itself has been very stable, so I think I'm going to
use Ubuntu for my thin client lab.

Todd