[K12OSN] Can someone explain in more detail how to get sound in flash 9

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Wed Nov 29 04:50:09 UTC 2006

>From: Hanne Verheyen <thepiano at telenet.be>
>>To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
>>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] [XPOST] Sound - flash
>>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:47:42 +0100
>>
>>The problem is SOLVED !!!! hiehaa
>>
>>follow the solution described below.
>>and start firefox
>>
>>esddsp firefox....
>>
>>question: how do i change the link in the gnome menu so all users  will see
>>firefox, but the command says esddsp firefox?
>>
>>Hanne
>>

>>Op 20-nov-06, om 12:17 heeft Hanne Verheyen het volgende geschreven:

>look at the following file
>/usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox.desktop

Hi everyone,

I've tried to follow this thread and flash gets a little farther now,
"buffering..." etc.  But still no sound.  Can someone walk me through this?

I downloaded libflashplayer.so from adobe and installed it in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.8/plugins and in /usr/lib/flash-plugin/

 cc -shared -O2 -Wall -Werror -licuuc -lssl flashsupport.c -o libflashsupport.so
 ldd libflashplayer.so
 sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib

As best I could.  It told me there was no licuuc so I left that out and
that -02 was an unrecognized option, so I left that out too.  No errors
after that.  I'm launching firefox as esddsp firefox from the command
line, but still no flash sound.  Can someone figure out what I should
try next?

Thanks,

ck