[K12OSN] How to access Gnome-mounted servers?

Alex deVries alexthepuffin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:35:50 UTC 2007

Dan Young wrote:
> Peter Scheie wrote:
>> We put users' public ssh keys onto cat so no password was needed. Then
>> we just put an icon on the desktop that calls the script. I imagine the
>> wdfs would work similarly.
>
> How would you handle authentication? Looks like you'd have to pass in a
> password either interactively or as an arg to wdfs.

FYI: in afpfs-ng-0.4.1, you don't have to give the password as a
parameter (as this is insecure).  If you use:

afp_client mount -u myusername -p - server:volume /mountpoint

It will prompt you for your password.

I'm concentrating on getting a gnome-vfs2 implementation for afpfs-ng
so that it will all be seamlessly integrated into nautilus.

- Alex