[K12OSN] need help scaling LTSP: setting up Winbind and LDAP

john lists.john at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:26:27 UTC 2007

Ok,

After some further research it looks do-able.  I am looking at two
ways to standardize RID⇒UID/GID mapping either via   IDMAP_RID or
IDMAP Storage in LDAP. Anyone else doing using either of these
approaches? How are other folks scaling?

Here's the documents I am working from right now:

http://thelazyadmin.com/files/Linux_Ad_Authentication_Using_Winbind.pdf
http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#id339794