[K12OSN] simple screensaver

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Thu Apr 12 18:36:02 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 09:58, Ray Garza wrote:
> Anyone know of a simple screensaver such as a text scroller or text that
> bounces around the screen? I would like to put them on a few card catalogs
> so I don't expect them to take up a lot of bandwidth. I searched google and
> there doesn't seem to much in the way of screen savers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Ok I got my Card Catalogs running on K12LTSP 6 and configured it with Kiosk
Admin Tool (I use KDE for the desktop). I set up a simple text scroller but
all I get are blank screens. It doesn't matter which screensaver I choose,
all I get is the blank screen at the end of the timer.

I read in a posting that in K12LTSP 6 a blank screen is set by default. How do
I go about changing that? I also found
in /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/xscreensaver.sh that disables all
screensavers. Is that what I modify to fix my problem?

Ray