Re: [K12OSN] New installation on an old Server

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
I will add to this that I *hate* LVM. Yes, I know it's the RH/Fedora default, but I don't recommend its use unless you know why you need it. If...um...the remnants of dinner ever do happen to enter the air circulatory system, and you need to use a repair disk to fix things, not all repair disks support LVMs. One of my guys found that out the hard way with CentOS; it required a re-install.

I agree about keeping it simple, but... CentOS has it's own rescue mode. Just boot the install CD with 'linux rescue' at the boot prompt. That should have been able to access/repair an LVM install.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com