[K12OSN] OT: printing to a Windows-only printer

I've got a Panasonic printer that only has Windows drivers.  I've got the
drivers installed on a Windows machine, and the printer is shared.  Can I
print to this printer from Linux?  I'm thinking that if I connect to the
shared printer, then the Windows machine will provide the driver.  But when I
go to set up the SMB printer in Linux, it asks me for the make and model.  Is
there a way to get around this?

Thanks for any advice you have.

-Rob