Re: [K12OSN] Run script at logout

Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

We actually ended up solving this by adding a line to /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default that calls the unmount script.

I do like your line of thinking though, the only big reason I wouldn't go that route is since I have already spent so much time writing the program to work the way it does. Everything seems to be running smoothly now though. When a user logs in, they have a "mount home directory" icon that accepts their username and password (and does an ldap lookup for the rest) and mounts the home directory and any other shares specified in their config file. When they log out then, the PostSession script calls my unmount script. The big advantage I see doing it your way though is that users never have to log out. I will have to do a little hacking and see if I can make my program work like that. The only stumbling block I see at this point is multiple mounts...

Thanks again,

-Joe