Subject: [K12OSN] RE: I need a list of good FOSS apps for k12LTSP
From: Paul Amaranth <Paul Auroragrp Com>
Date: Fri, August 24, 2007 5:40 pm
To: k12osn redhat com

Crossover will run shockwave 8.5 using a Linux browser, but it's a
licensed product and even the educational pricing can add up for
a lab.

>From what I can see, the way to do it with wine is to install IE
along with the plugins and run the entire app under wine. If you
need a later shockwave, that's about the only way to go.

That works fine unless you have some requirement to run the browser in
the native Linux environment.

I haven't seen any documentation on how to encapsulate a browser plugin under
wine and run it with a linux browser. That would be useful.

Paul

--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA
paul@AuroraGrp.Com | Unix & Windows