Re: [K12OSN] (no subject)

what I ended up doing for a solution
was creating an 'autoproxy by URL' file..

say google.pac...and using that as the proxy option.
so it happens automatically for "https" sites...and non-https sites still go DIRECT.

Thanks,

--Huck

Barry Cisna wrote:
Huck

For what you are trying to accomplish, try just whitelisting the https:
site(S) you are trying to get to,( if you are using DG for filtering)such
as:

 https://www.google.com/accounts/*

I'm not sure this will let that https site even come through? I'll have to
think on how I setup our DG here to resolve this little delima?
Also I'll look back many moons as I posted a how to on how to hard code
the proxy for ALL users,in their browser and also makes the entries to add
a manual proxy "greyed out".
This is something to try. Sorry I cant remember the particulars right now.
I'll post up when I remember ASAP!

Take Care,

Barry Cisna