Re: [K12OSN] running dhcp on port 1067 on FC5

Modify file /etc/init.d/dhcpd
it's looks like this:

start() {
       # Start daemons.
       echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
       daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd ${DHCPDARGS} 2>/dev/null
       RETVAL=$?
       echo

modify by hand it to this, just add "-p 1067" to the right place.

start() {
       # Start daemons.
       echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
       daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd -p 1067 ${DHCPDARGS} 2>/dev/null
       RETVAL=$?
       echo

But I think /etc/hdcpd.conf is not in use any more.
So You must use /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf to specify these parameters.

Barry Cisna kirjutas:
Hello List,

Has anyone here tried running dhcp on port 1067 on k12ltsp v.5.0? I've had
no problems getting this setup since version 1 of k12ltsp but I just
upgraded one building server to k12ltsp v5.0 a few days ago, that I need
to run dhcp on port 1067 and dhcp appears to start saying "dhcp is bound
to port 1067" as it starts, but when i do a portmap, dhcp is actually
running on port 67/default.
I have the latest dhcp rpm installed on fc5. I 'm wondering if I need to
downgrade to the original shipped dhcp rpm that came with fc5?
Cant find any Google action on this:(.

Take care

Barry Cisna