[K12OSN] Scanner Recommendation

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Dec 21 14:29:01 UTC 2007

> sounds as if the color calibration needs adjustment with the software
> you are using to scan.
>
> GIMP can easily adjust the color balance of any photograph...
>
> Colors => Auto => White Balance
>
> You might consider downloading 'Picasa' - it's free from Google. It has
> some automatic enhancements that are really good.
>
> Craig

I messed around with Gimp and some other programs, I can get the photos to look better,
but they still look like crap when finished.  Also I won't be using the scanner, this
will be for random teachers and other staff to use, so I don't want to rely on editing
to fix the problem.  I tried changing the color balances in the scanning software, but
still couldn't get it to look very good.  So I just need recommendations on scanners
that work great by default, with minimal tweaking on the user end.  I'm not opposed to
spending $300 or so if it means a good scanner, but I just don't want to buy one and
have the same problem.

Jim