Re: [K12OSN] Windows XP problem

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 19:08 +0700, Fajar Adianto wrote:
> I implemented thin client netwotk with ltsp 4.1 server and windows xp
> professional as terminal server. I get problem as randomly in time,
> all clients accidentally disconnected from windows and on the client
> screens back to "Press <enter> to login". Pressing <enter> in attempt
> to go back to windows is not work, the screen back again the ltsp
> message screen. I have to reboot windows so the clients can work
> again.
> Do anyone ever experience this problem? Any suggestion would be
> appreciated. Please help.

XP Pro is not a good choice for being a terminal server for windows. It
has a maximum connection limit of 4 clients. If it detectes the fifth
client, it will disconnect the first and keep rolling through clients
like that. Once it decides too many terminals are trying to connect, it
turns off the terminal connection service. When you reboot you are
resetting the terminal counting process.

If you are going to have more than 4 client total, connecting to a
windows machine, it must be a windows server machine with Microsoft
Terminal Services and an appropriate number of client licenses.