[K12OSN] [Fwd: Fedora 7]

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 5 16:09:05 UTC 2007

Luis Montes wrote:
> I've been a fedora/redhat user since redhat 5.1, but this move makes
> kubuntu look a little more attractive.  Sure, someone will spin a fedora
> KDE ISO, but ubuntu already has a KDE community with kubuntu.

Ubuntu started as a GNOME distro. Later, there was a subproject to make
Kubuntu (Ubuntu plus KDE). Fedora is primarily a GNOME distro and
they're planning a subproject to distribute a disc with KDE.

I fail to see the difference.

In fact, I think a "Fedora KDE" could be much improved over the existing
situation. Those who are passionate about KDE can form a community
around the Fedora KDE efforts and put their expertise to work. It's
evident from fedora-devel that there are many such passionate users.
This is a good thing.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services