[K12OSN] Re: PDC/BDC problem (Randall Swift)

cliebow at midmaine.com cliebow at midmaine.com
Tue Jan 9 14:51:02 UTC 2007

you need the redirection sign >
slapcat              will spit your directory to screen
slapcat > somefile.ldif redirects the directory to a file

take somefile.ldif to your bdc..move the existing /var/lib/ldap
to/var/lib/ldap.orig so you will have it to check original permissions..

slapadd -l somefile.ldif on your bdc should recreate the directory..BUT
you will need to emulate permissions thatr the originasl had..

don't know ehat distro you are in so cant be more specific...chuck

 run slapcat > **.ldif on the PDC (do I put in the >)
 copy **.ldif to BDC
 run slapadd -l **.ldif on the BDC