[K12OSN] Getting sound to work with LTSP-esd-alsa

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Fri Jan 12 22:37:59 UTC 2007

>>> Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I didn't have those
>>> "yes"es in my /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp  I added them and Flash still
>>> didn't work.  The link you provided is the steps I took to "hack"
>>> flash 9 beta.  As I recall, I did have some error messages and I
>>> disabled some of the features.  Looking at that web page again it
>>> says that Flash 9 Beta doesn't work with ALSA.  Maybe that's my
>>> problem?
>>

>See http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/11/
>beta_ii_the_audio_fix.html
>
>Nils Breunese.

Holy crap,

I'm such a spaz.  I spent hours googling on "Flash sound LTSP", "Flash
sound alsa", "Flash sound linux", etc., etc.  I never thought to go to
the horse's mouth (adobe).  I feel like I owe this whole list an
apology.  And a thank you.

The update fixed my problem.  I still need to invoke firefox with
"esddsp firefox %u", but that's fine.

Thanks and sorry,

ck