[K12OSN] audio solution for server

Alan Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 03:41:14 UTC 2007

Hi folks

Off list I received a query about dealing with audio and servers without
sound cards. I am afraid I lost the email, but it was somebody on the
list, so I am posting my solution, hoping to reach the right person.

I've used www.emtcompany.com USB2 to Audio/Microphone Jack Adapter (a
bargain at $9.95@) to bypass the pesky notices and work-arounds - they
work as a sound card with microphone and speaker plugs (I can finally
use Audacity/listen to music from my small server). They also have a
USB2 to IRDA Wireless Adapted that works with my old Palm Pilot (don't
ask).

Usual disclaimers apply - just a happy customer.

Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
-=o=-