Re: [K12OSN] need some basic help

On 7/1/07, Jason Smith <centerplacedude gmail com> wrote:
Hi, I have installed K12LTSP 6.  I would like some help performing the
following:

1) I would like to remove the session chooser on the terminals.  In other
words, I want the users to be forced to go into Gnome and not have a choice
for any other display managers.

Move files from /etc/X11/dm/Sessions (I think) for unwanted session
types. Could also be in /usr/share/xsessions.

For the love of Pete, could they stop moving those with every release?

2) I would like to set up a few of the terminals as kiosks that only go to
our library catalog.

This isn't totally straightforward, but playing with either the KDE
kiosktool or GNOME's sabayon, pessulus, and gconf-editor may get you
in the ballpark.

3) I would like to disable the Alt-F1 function on all terminals (which
displays the main menu bar).

Edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf and comment out "SCREEN_02 = shell".

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services