Re: [K12OSN] need some basic help

Thanks, Dan!  I figured out #1 and #3 after I sent the email.  #2 is the real pain, but I'm working on it.  Thanks again for your help.

Jason

On 7/2/07, Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us> wrote:
On 7/1/07, Jason Smith <centerplacedude gmail com> wrote:
> Hi, I have installed K12LTSP 6.  I would like some help performing the
> following:
>
> 1) I would like to remove the session chooser on the terminals.  In other
> words, I want the users to be forced to go into Gnome and not have a choice
> for any other display managers.

Move files from /etc/X11/dm/Sessions (I think) for unwanted session
types. Could also be in /usr/share/xsessions.

For the love of Pete, could they stop moving those with every release?

> 2) I would like to set up a few of the terminals as kiosks that only go to
> our library catalog.

This isn't totally straightforward, but playing with either the KDE
kiosktool or GNOME's sabayon, pessulus, and gconf-editor may get you
in the ballpark.

> 3) I would like to disable the Alt-F1 function on all terminals (which
> displays the main menu bar).

Edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf and comment out "SCREEN_02 = shell".

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services