Re: [K12OSN] office suite interoperability

Hopefully the plug-in will work really well and the migration to open standards can begin.  However, I am a pessimist on this.  Another really big pet peeve of mine are requests for full versions of Adobe Acrobat so that pdf's can be created.  Typically, they want Adobe distiller installed, and the full version of Adobe Acrobat.  They have no issue with editing in MS Office document, creating a pdf with distiller, and then having to use Acrobat to edit that.  When I mention just creating pdf's directly with OO.org or StarOffice instead, it is like I have 3 heads or something because that is too complicated and is not the corect way.  Oh well.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins