[K12OSN] two samba servers on one Win2k3 domain without trusts?

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Mon Jul 9 21:13:08 UTC 2007

I used multiple domains and multiple servers and had no problems
accessing data from any server from any workstation (not using W2K. . .
all my PDC were linux/samba) provided the user had accounts and access
rights to each server.

It depended on who logged in and what they were supposed to have access
to as to whether or not they needed access to a particular server or
share. Basically, the only thing I used the domain for was
authentication. After that everything else was done via login scripts.
Winders XP messed that up a bit, but I figured a way around that, too. .
.With 98, you could simply change the domain line and log into any
domain you wanted.  With XP you are locked into one.  But granting
access to others is still possible with linux/samba servers without
having to change the domain. . .

More details if you want. . .

Doug