Re: [K12OSN] Windows Terminal Services

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, David Hopkins wrote:

I don't agree with this way of viewing it. Rdesktop is running from LTSP
server. And, if you go to the Terminal Services Licensing Manager on the
Windows TS, you'll see exactly 1 connection showing up, not matter how many
thin clients are connected.  I have 3 LTSP servers, and the most I have ever
had is 3 licenses being used, even with 150 thin clients in use.  I think MS
didn't think of this loophole.

they most certainly did - the licensing is per user, no matter how the
server sees it. if you use their software, you should pay for it, no
matter the value you get out of it.
julius
My understanding is that you get to choose between "per user" and "per device". In per user mode, you're on your honor because the software does not prevent you from logging in more users than licenses. In per device mode, there are technical measures in place to ensure that you are abiding by the license. So it would seem that I am allowed to do anything that those technical measures to not explicitly prevent.

-Rob