[K12OSN] K12LTSP Logons get slower with time with Active Directory/pam_mount

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Tue Jun 12 14:25:43 UTC 2007

As the day progresses, logons get slower (by the end of the day up to a
minute long). We have Active Directory authentication and pam_mount to a
windows server for the students' document folders. When I run df I get a
huge list of open share mounts, mostly from inactive users (users that
have probably had their logons interrupted instead of logging off).

Does anyone know how to fix this apart from rebooting the server? I.e. is
there any way to unmount inactive shares?

Thanks,
Tom Wolfe