[K12OSN] spamalotless

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Jun 12 15:21:09 UTC 2007

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 13:12 +0100, Les Finch wrote:
>
>> Sorry to say it was me using the software from spamalotless which
>> works very well but does not work with lists which is why I changed my
>> email address for this list, I do say sorry again for causing this to
>> happen.
>>

> Thanks Les! I guess spamalotless needs some system tweaks.
>
> Note: I use my own mail systems (Duh! I run Linux!) and have great
> success with sendmail dumping invalid sender domains then MailScanner
> with spamassassin and f-prot. My incoming volume is 1500-5000 total
> emails per day (I have had the same public email address for a long
> time) but my actual real email delivery is 35-75 per day and the final
> spam count is less than 20 that slip through.

Yep, agreed.

If you want even more effectiveness than that (and yours is already
pretty good, with those stats!), stick an OpenBSD spamd in front of it
as well.  Your spam count will reduce down to maybe 2 per day...with
virtually no load.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus