Re: [K12OSN] missing libperl.co - resolved

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Dan Young wrote:

On 6/3/07, Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com> wrote:
I'm happily running K12 V7 on my laptop with just a few hiccups. One major hiccup is the lack of libperl.so. Vnc server won't run without
it. I tried reloading perl, but it didn't help. Advice, please.

Since Eric hasn't rolled K12LTSP v7, I take it to mean you upgraded to
Fedora 7 from a K12LTSP 6 box?

ISTR a split in the perl packages, with libperl getting it's own
package. Try "yum install perl-libs".

Dan,
	I actually used Eric's "look Ma, it boots!" test release of K12
v7, and it does way more than just boot. As a matter of fact -all- my
production stuff works (now), which makes me a bad beta tester.
	Thank you for the suggestion. Installing perl-libs did the trick.

If that was the problem, shouldn't a dependency on perl-libs be added to the vnc server package? That way yum would have just installed perl-libs when you installed the vnc server and there would have been no problem.

Nils Breunese.