[K12OSN] Open Office

john lists.john at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:28:10 UTC 2007

Hi Derek,

I don't know if you are in any position to do this, but how about
saying that you'll only accept assignments saved in .rtf format, which
most word processors can do?
Ok, and now back to reality ;-)

As far as I know, and I have looked around in the past, only MS
publisher will open publisher files. You could have your students save
the file as .html (which publisher will do) open it in Open Office and
convert it.

There are convertors for .docx. Look here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML#Converters

I'll let someone else chime in about the .wps files.

HTH,

John