Re: [K12OSN] Open Office

:-)

A fine question indeed.

John

On 6/8/07, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:

 Waitasec...how come this isn't feasible if he's the teacher?  My teachers
and professors always specified a document format, or they wouldn't grade my
papers.  Why is that considered outside "reality"?

 --TP

_______________________________
 Do you GNU!?

 john wrote:
Hi Derek,

 I don't know if you are in any position to do this, but how about
 saying that you'll only accept assignments saved in .rtf format, which
 most word processors can do?
 Ok, and now back to reality ;-)

 As far as I know, and I have looked around in the past, only MS
 publisher will open publisher files. You could have your students save
 the file as .html (which publisher will do) open it in Open Office and
 convert it.

 There are convertors for .docx. Look here
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML#Converters

 I'll let someone else chime in about the .wps files.

 HTH,

 John