[K12OSN] feature request: pykota

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Sat Jun 9 19:15:43 UTC 2007

Easier said than done, I suspect.  I don't use pykota, but it appears
the tar file is freely downloadable and released under the GPL.  But
none of the usual repos have rpms of pykota.  The only place I see rpm
files (or any other package format, for that matter)  for it is at
pykota.com, and they charge $25 for access to those.  The money goes
directly toward pykota development, so it seems very reasonable
considering what you get.  But while the GPL should allow anyone to
build an .rpm file for it and distribute it--for example, the Fedora
project--for some reason it isn't happening.  If you'd like to
investigate further as to why that's the case, I'm sure others would be
interested to know the story.  Perhaps you could build a package that
could be used.

Petre