Re: [K12OSN] Custom menus?

Huck wrote:
perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but is this windows-manager specific?
if using ICEWM you should be able to edit /usr/share/icewm/menu

and create all that you need...

I created a custom menu for the elementary school that has programs grouped by grade level (even though some 8th graders really like GCompris *boggles*)

not sure about restricting a menu-item/group to a specific usergroup..

I'd prefer it not to be wm-specific but as long as it works in gnome and kde it would be OK - and launchers on the desktop/folders seem to work in both. Any program that knows how to draw something that looks like a menu and start other programs would work. I know shell scripting and perl, but nothing about GUI programs or user interfaces so it needs to be simple (or a set of launcher files in a directory tree all written by a shell or perl script...).

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com