[K12OSN] OT: quote on file / mail server

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jun 28 15:01:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 10:33 -0400, Rob Owens wrote:

> I think I'm going to need to make all remote access to email be through
> the terminal server.  We've been doing it using Outlook, and it seems to
> work fine.  IMAP or IMAPS would not be allowed through the firewall, and
> I don't have much say in that matter.

OUCH! If IMAPS is not allowed through the firewall then remote access to
email by any means other than webmail will not be possible (without a
LOT of admin support time or roaming users). I would turn off IMAP and
always use IMAPS for any connection but a local machine connection from
squirrelmail.
--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering