[K12OSN] Why doesn't JRE work on K12LTSP 6.0 64bit?

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 14:43:56 UTC 2007

There isn't a version of the java plugin for 64-bit Linux, yet. (Will
there be? Can we hope?)

There is a way to create a 32-bit version of Firefox with the plugin and
to run it in compatibility mode, but I haven't gotten around to doing it
yet.

If you can access the code for the book, you may be able to run the
applets using AppletViewer or write a little driver class to run them
from the command line.

If I get anywhere installing 32-bit Firefox, I'll let you know.

Todd