[K12OSN] PXE boot Dell GX110--was compaq deskpros

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Mon Mar 26 21:23:31 UTC 2007

Aha!  It IS possible to PXE boot the Dell gx110.  But it's pretty well hidden.  In the
BIOS, under the 'Boot Sequence', it normally only shows three choices: CD, floppy, &
hard drive.  In the main BIOS screen, you must scroll down to 'Integrated Devices', and
within that, you'll see, among others, 'Network Interface Controller', which is set to
On by default.  But this is not just a binary, on or off option; rather, it also
contains the choice of 'On w/MBA'.  Choose this, save the changes, reboot the box, go
into the BIOS setup again, and now 'Boot Sequence' will list 'MBA UNDI(Bus1 Slot12)'
which is the PXE boot option.  Set that option to be the first choice, and voila! the
box PXE boots.  Hopefully, this info will be useful to someone.

Petre