[K12OSN] reinstalling gnome after server upgrade

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Mar 26 16:33:01 UTC 2007

I've run into similar issues with GNOME.  What I actually do in practice
is just remove all the .gnome/ and related directories from ~/.  I look
at it this way: when you upgrade MS Windows, your desktop settings often
get FUBAR'd, so you're better off with a fresh reinstall.
Interestingly, I haven't run into this problem to nearly the same degree
with KDE, which I also use a lot.

Would this kind of scenario (upgrades and such) be a good case for the
"EL" edition of K12LTSP?  Thoughts?

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus