Re: [K12OSN] Hand-in directory permissions

On 3/4/07, Steven Santos <steven simplycircus com> wrote:
I am just thinking out loud here...

Couldn't you create your directory and make your handin script (and perhaps
make it append the username of the person running the script to the file
name?), then instead of setting permissions in that script, run a cron job
every x minutes that changes the perms in that folder to root:teacher or
teacher:teacher or some such?.  You would still be vunerable between script
exicutions, but that should be OK.

For some reason the post you replied to got delayed a few days so I
started a new thread. I changed the Subject to "Dropbox....
As for your suggestion Steven I really don't want to use a cron job
changing permissions. It seems so hackish and wasteful. I had read of
others on this list doing it like that.

--
Robert Arkiletian