Re: [K12OSN] Teacher Tool

On 3/9/07, Les Mikesell <les futuresource com> wrote:
Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On 3/8/07, Theo Turner <Theo Turner cumnorhouse com> wrote:
>> How about having it flick through the different clients like a slide
>> show. It's a useful feature of a windows program I used to use that let
>> you see each desktop for a few seconds before switching to the next.
>> Just an idea, don't know if anyone would know how. I imagine it could be
>> done with a script but not sure.
>>
>> Also I use K12LTSP but I don't use the LTSP bit to connect terminals. I
>> have to use nx at the moment and would love a way to have the Teacher
>> Tool work for these users. Any ideas?
>
> This is not something I can do easily, since you have the NX client
> running on a seperate machine. With ltsp it's easy because I don't
> need any authentication to take over the remote client machine (I am
> already root on the ltsp server or sudo). So with NX I would need to
> make a new version that employs ssh keys and that opens up a whole new
> bag of worms.

Does anyone know if NX even has a provision for multiple viewers on the
same frame buffer?   You could, of course run a vnc server at the

Thanks for jarring my memory Les.
No it doesn't. I remember looking into this. Something similar to
vncreflector is supposed to be included in version 3.0. Could not find
out when 3.0 was going to be released though.

machine/OS level wherever the users are running NX which would probably
work with the existing teachertool.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com