Re: [K12OSN] teaching c++ using gcc/kate in a LTSP environment

Chris,

it has NOTHING to do with the graphics card in the server.

If you have having choppy video on the client, then it's either a network issue, or the video card in the client. Which card is in the client btw?

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Chris Bacigalupo wrote:
Is anyone else doing this? We've been doing it now for several years.
I'd REALLY like to start doing some 3D game programming. I've used the
irrlicht API in a windows environment and have been looking alot lately
at the crystalspace engine.

I'm running into problems with openGL. I can have a lab (20 clients) all
doing blender fine but when I try to compile and execute crystalspace
demoes, I get masive and fatal crashes.

I'm thinking I might have to install a graphic card on the server to
enable openGL. I CAN get glxgears to fire up but the output is so choppy
as to be un-usable. Anyone with feedback about this or similar
experiences please respond.

Chris Bacigalupo
Technology Coordinator and Instructor
Harbor City International School