[K12OSN] Terminal Viideo Display Problems versiens 3 &4 vs. version 5 / lts.conf ?

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Mon Mar 12 16:11:38 UTC 2007

One of the things that changes with each rev is the version of Xorg that is used on the
client.  I've had the same experience, where clients that worked perfectly with version
3.x wouldn't work (at first) with version 4.x, and likewise with version 5.  To fix it
usually involves setting a specific X server for that client in lts.conf.  Often, it's
the vesa X server that works.  So, in lts.conf, try changing

XSERVER = auto

XSERVER = vesa

or since you have Intel video chips, you might try

XSERVER = i810

LTSP defaults to 1024x768, but you can specify the resolution if you want, and this may
be necessary to get the res you want.

Petre