Re: [K12OSN] USB Files Don't Display

Are you using K12LTSP 5.0 or 6.0?

If you're using K12LTSP 5.0, Eric recently changed ltsp_config to work
with the fuse package update (he'd already updated the package for
K12LTSP 6.0).

Try running the following:

  yum install ltsp_config

  /sbin/service ltspfs-insecure start
  /sbin/chkconfig ltspfs-insecure on

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)
web: www.calvaryschoolsholland.org
email: the whitmers gmail com

On 3/15/07, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com> wrote:
I had a similar issue but it was caused by an update to the fuse package.  I
re-added all users to the fuse group and then also made certain that dns was
set to use host first  so that the thin clients were able to resolve their
names.

check the size that is reported for the thumb drive.  In my case, it was
reporting the size of the system's hard drive indicating that the drive was
not actually mounted properly.  What was happening in that case is that the
file was being copied to the
$HOME/Drives/thumbdrive-directory-mount-point and not to
the actual drive which would explain why you can't see the contents of the
drive itself.

You could also try use a dns reservation for a client just to determine if
that results in the client 'knowing' its name.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins