Re: [K12OSN] OT: Required use of IE by State DOE

David Hopkins wrote:

This is off-topic, but apparently the DOE for Delaware is developing
software (paying for the development) which will require the use of IE in
order to be used.  When asked why, the response is typically of the form
'because that is what we want'.
We are a small enough state (2 degrees of separation for most people) that
if there is something questionable about the proposed approach, it can be
changed but only with really good reasons.

"Because it violates all the canons of good web design and is a stupid idea to boot" isn't a good enough reason?

Here in Maine we have the same problem with our DOE, frequently paying top dollar for web sites that only run on IE.

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
--Friedrich Schiller

--
Mark Goodridge
The Computer Guy