Re: [K12OSN] OT: Required use of IE by State DOE

Peter,

Thanks, I was afraid that it would end up on this route.  I contacted my state Senator and (old) Representative last year (they live 7 and 4 houses away, respectively), but even when told that adopting a different approach to IT could save 50% plus in IT costs (with data to back it up), and also provide a better (more rounded?) IT education to students, they still said that they needed to defer to the experts (State DOE, CIO) on these decisions.  I now have a new Rep (about 1 mile away) after last fall's election, so I will contact him and see if he is more willing to question the status quo.  Of course, this is the same House and Senate that passed sunshine laws which apply to everyone except themselves (specifically exempted themselves in the law).

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins