Re: [K12OSN] How to build Xvnc and LTSPFS into PPC tree?

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On 3/16/07, Jim Kronebusch <jim winonacotter org> wrote:
Anyone know how or what it would take to build the VNC modules need to run FL_TeacherTool into the PPC tree, or how to build in the LTSPFS pieces for local device
support?

I have a ton of Macs that I could use as thin clients, but I think these are very important features to have for a successful roll out. I really don't want to have to buy a hundred clients or so when I have machines that would work and are already in place and hooked up. But I absolutely need to be sure I have local device support.

Any news on this Jim?

On #ltsp today, Oliver Grawert, who is one of the primary devs for edubuntu, mentioned that LDA is working in the PPC Edubuntu. So, that should be doable.

Also, Chuck Liebow mentioned...something, can't recall quite what, where we might find the vnc pieces for PPC. But neither he nor I have looked into it specifically. vncreflector *is* available for PPC: see http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=vnc-reflector But thinking about it now, what we really need is xvnc running on the client, correct? The vncreflector part just runs on the server, right? Robert, I can't recall the exact machinations you & Eric went through to get it stable on K12LTSP, but could you describe what is missing for PPC clients?

Petre