[K12OSN] Database access in open office

Although I am not using the K12ltsp in a school environment, I have been VERY impressed with the performance of the system.  At present I am working on a very small installation at the office to Prove to the boss that this system will work for our less intensive operations.

I have a question on the security and the database systems within open office.  I have installed the base K12LTSP v6 and included the open office v2, and I just got finished upgrading to the open office database wizard (online update) …. And I can get the system running very nicely as a “root” level operator, but now I need to now what group the “average user” has got to be in, in order to allow them to access the database aspect of the OOo system.

Can anyone clear up the cloud…. Before I walk over a cliff….. (figuratively of course)

Fred McFall

Jim Pattison Broadcast Group (Medicine Hat, Alberta)