[K12OSN] smbldap slow login

Hi all,
We've been running a smbldap server (volunteer installed) for several months without too much trouble. In the past few weeks, the time it takes for a user to login and see a desktop has increased steadily. I'm new to both Linux and smbldap. Any ideas as to where I should start looking?
TIA  :-)
--Peter

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.