[K12OSN] Scholastic Read 180 stumping me

Levi Kemp lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Thu May 17 21:30:20 UTC 2007

But if you read enough you'll find that Scholastic believes Web Apps are
unsecured and not capable of supporting the Multimedia experience of
their software. They believe the client server approach is still the
best way to go. Of course by client they mean windows or mac. I don't
they will go full web app with it, which is ridiculous because most of
the use will always be on a local intranet with higher bandwidth than
the Internet. Having it as a web would just make it more universal for
the clients and allow the occasional home user access if you even made
it available externally. Good luck with it though, I've got to wait till
our librarian retires next week to return our copies, she also made a
rash decision without consulting the new librarian or anyone actually.
I'm lucky scholastic is actually going to take it back. The principal
was excited when he heard the library had that much budget left, we're
instead going to buy a mobile smartboard. Much better use of the money
if you ask me.

Levi