Re: [K12OSN] sudden appearance of grey X

On 5/25/07, William Fragakis <william fragakis com> wrote:
This probably has a 1% chance of helping you but we had a server that
would suddenly give everyone the ltsp equivalent of the middle digit -
the grey screen X. The clients would get dhcp and boot fine right to the
X. Turns out it was a bad piece of ram. Don't know if your log files
reveal anything interesting.

I recently discovered that killing the vncreflector process fixed this problem.

kill `ps -ef | grep [v]ncreflector | awk '{print $2}'`

Actually I reset the broadcast in Fl_Teachertool which pretty much
does the same thing. It also kills all instances of teachertool-vnc

--
Robert Arkiletian