[K12OSN] FC7 Yum issue

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Sun May 27 03:04:58 UTC 2007

I decided to give Fedora a go at home so I can get even more comfortable with it and figured I'd give the test release a try. I've got an issue that I can't seem to narrow down though, Yum doesn't work, actually anytime I try to install an RPM I get an error because it cannot resolve dependencies stating there may be no connection. This is odd because I do have a internet connection working and I even disabled iptables and SELinux just to make sure. Any thoughts on what else I might check? I'm assuming if I wait a few more days for the final release and install fresh it will go away but I would rather keep what I have going. The install from the Live CD was great by the way. I played a game of Sudoku while it installed in the background, really quick I might add. I forgot to mention to my wife I'd switched it over, I didn't use grub, and had it log in automatically. Found her surfing the internet and playing Mahjongg this morning, obviously it didn't matter to her at all, and she had never even seen Linux yet. Thanks for any ideas.

Levi