[K12OSN] Audacity and recording

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:05:44 UTC 2007

Well, in the 'no good deed' column, I installed Picasa and Audacity on our
K12LTSP servers (3 running K12LTSP Fedora version, 2 running the CentOS
version).  Sound works for Audacity if I launch it using "esdsp audacity" so
I created a launcher for the package that does just this.  However, I have
now been asked why the recording function doesn't work at the thin clients
and can I get it working.  Under audacity, the mic shows up with /dev/dsp as
the device.  We use gnome for the GUI.

Does anyone have recording at thin clients working?  The clients' sound is
recognized as AC97.

Thanks,
Dave Hopkins