[K12OSN] Volume Mounting Question

Joe Korzeniewski jkorzeni at battle-creek.k12.mi.us
Tue Oct 16 12:54:54 UTC 2007

I have a k12ltsp6 server set up to mount the root of a netware volume so that I can let young students all save to a shared location. I have two different problems. I can get the netware volume to mount in fstab using this line:

server/.user.context /mnt/mountpoint ncp uid=root,gid=users,mode=777,owner=root,A=dns.address.org,volume=VOL1,passwd=pwd,multiple 0 0

My problems are these:

1) I haven't found a way to mount a particular subdirectory of this volume rather than the volume root... this wouldn't be a problem if not for problem 2 which is:

2) When this mounts, it automatically puts an icon on everybody's desktop pointing to the root of the volume. Any idea how to make this not show up?

Thanks in advance.

-Joe Korzeniewski